Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #2651
    Inactive Member bassmandee's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2003
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="orange">Having tons of attempts to finally beat Grandia X-treme...still don't knoe if I will ever beat that game. Playing Xenosaga 2, StarOcean: TTEoT, and Baten Kaitos.</font>

  2. #2652
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Final Fantasy IX... disk 4. PSX is able to perform software fog XD

  3. #2653
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I played some Republic Commando last night, now mostly Halo 2, especially since new maps are out tomorrow. Me and two buddies are going to Media Play tomorrow to get it.

    Plus I have to buy a new XBox, the damn disc tray will no longer fuction 80% of the time.

  4. #2654
    HB Forum Owner blahguy729's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2005
    Posts
    122
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been playing Tales of Symphonia and I'm trying to get all the little secrets cuz i beat it a while ago. Also, my little brother rented Bomberman Generation so that was an ok waste of time.

  5. #2655
    Inactive Member AshDWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm currently playing Destroy All Humans for PS2 and savoring the pure and utter destruction I can bring upon humanity. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! er, right I think I've been playing for way too long and need to lie down. XD

  6. #2656
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd like to give that a try, it sounds like an amusing concept: especially since its set during the 50's when there was a great public paranioa surrounding the possibility of aliens.

    Speaking of amusing concepts, im currently playing "Everyone Loves Katamari Damacy!". If you enjoyed the original, this is essentially more of the same gameplay, but with improved camera (now nothing can interrupt your view), and loads more "things" to fill up the world. The graphics are just as vibrant, yet basic, as they were before, which is to be expected considering the PS2's limitations. The most notable asset of this version, however, is the soundtrack, which is just as diverse and imaginative as its prequels, if not more.

    I also recently beat the following games, for which i'll also include a mini-review for those interested:

    Resident Evil 4 (GC): The story follows the same direction as most horror/suspense flicks, so if your a big fan of the likes of Dawn of the Dead or even Jurassic Park, you'll more than likely get the most out of this. That is, if you ignore the fact that theres very little horror/suspense involved in its presentation. The thrill of this game very much revolves around storming through a variety zombie-infested dilemmas, whereby your firearms are almost always the solution. If you like the sound of that, you'll be in heaven for 20+ hours. If your hoping for the intense psychological ballet that the previous titles in the series pulled off so magnificently, then im afraid your going to be a little disappointed. This game follows a very strict staple diet of action, action and action, and conforms to it faithfully throughout.

    Unfortunately, while the game sports a jaw-dropping variety of locations and situations, theres very little the player can do or see beyond the main game, such as mini-games or sidequests (or even alternate routes). The only choice you have in this game is what guns you buy or upgrade, everything else is orchestrated for you on one single inflexible route. This in itself isnt helped by the fact you have infinite lives and there are shops and items lying around everywhere for you to use, making the experience very easy, and ultimately very shallow.

    Score: 7/10

    Devil May Cry 3 (PS2): Having gotten bored with the original midway, and abandoning its first sequel after hearing harsh criticisms, the only thing that drew me to this game were raving reviews. Many joyously claimed that this was the series' redemption, and after giving the time and effort to actually complete this, i would say these statements are justified.

    This game has style. In between every level theres a beautifully choreographed action cut-scene, usually featuring a progression to its story. If not, then its a stunning battle sequence. It is thanks to these cut-scenes that most players, such as myself, sustain commitment to slashing their way through level after level. However, while at the start your not given much flexibility in customisation, as the game progresses your rewarded with new weapons, moves and abilities, such as the Devil trigger, leaving you with more and more combo options. Furthermore, your given the option to backtrack and enter Secret missions in order to gain rare items (usually beneficial to health). This ultimately leaves the player less reliant on the cut-scenes for entertainment, and more so on the gameplay by the games conclusion.

    The negatives of this game would undoubtedly be the monotony of the gameplay at the beginning, and the repitition of the level designs by the end. While i consider the former understandable, i found the lack of effort in the latter a little insulting, especially where some levels were almost entirely comprised of previous areas, often implying that the developers were desperate to stretch the game out over 20 missions to surpass the length of its prequels. Nevertheless, the story, while not an epic masterpiece you'd find in an RPG, held the entire game together, and consistantly sustained my perseverence and entertained. (Thanks for the recommendation Xel).

    Score: 8/10

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ July 11, 2005 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  7. #2657
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    No prob.

    Addicted to World of Warcraft. Playing Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana in between.

    Oh, and Kirby Canvas Curve when out of the house/in bed.

  8. #2658
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    !!!!!POSSIBLE RESIDENT EVIL SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    I'm sorry to hear those about Resident Evil 4, for Leon, a main character in the series this FPS style really doesn't fit. Specially this action oriented gameplay takes away the meaning of the Resident Evil title. I want horror MOSTLY, drama, exciting cases, quick decision makings, hard escapes, bosses that make my bones shiver when they appear and such, like the old Resident Evil had. I really hope they can make up something big, a twist in the full story as a next game. As I said once in this topic, I'm looking forward to see Claire and Chris Redfield again, as they strike down Wesker, continuing the story with which RECV left us. Also I'm interested in even older characters such as Rebecca Chambers and Barry Burton. (As I really loved and found it awesome that Barry appeared with a chopper at the end of RE3, and saved Jill). I'd really like someting when all characters get together (whom are still alive) and get another shot at the feared Umbrella Inc.
    This Resident Evil 4, and the two RE Outbreak games really doesn't give anything to the storyline. C'mon Capcom, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to continue living the story of our heroes. Man, if the makers could realise...
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    EOS

  9. #2659
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I started a strategy game called World War III. ~ Black Gold. It's not so hot, but I see some fantasy in it, and it's fun, that's for sure. Has pretty graphics too, and a new adventure is never a problem ^^
    Also, I'm installing back NFSU as well, for the mood of the whole game I wish to relive ^^
    And ofcourse, still Guild Wars big time ^^

  10. #2660
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Decided to replay Star Ocean 3 from the beginning for the heck of it, because I like the game and I forgot what was I doing in my old game.

    *STAR OCEAN 3 SPOILERS*

    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

    I'm at the point Nel asks for your help and Fayt refuses (in the caravan). I still say if I were Fayt I'd help her, because she's hot, and that's enough of a reason to help her, lower brain keeps telling. Just hit it

    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

    **

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •